The Bethany Cemetery was originally the churchyard of Bethany Presbyterian Church, now located on Washington Avenue in Bridgeville. It was founded in 1814 and continued to receive burials until 1943. Many of the early tombstones from 1830 and before are still quite legible.
Visiting this cemetery is a bit of an adventure. It sits above the Presto-Sygan Road, and just to the south of the cemetery there is a little space in the weeds where one can pull off and park—if no one else is parked there. One must then walk back along the road, squashed against the stone wall, until one reaches the steps up into the cemetery.